Here’s my tutorial on how to give some life to your dining chairs. Just by changing the covers you are giving your chairs a favor. Fortunately, I have a lace cream fabric that had been hiding inside the closet for a couple of months. Below are the before and after.
|As you can see how busy I was.|
- Unscrew the pad
- Get your fabric and put the pad upside down
- Start stapling the edge of the fabric at the back of the pad. I used staple gun. Make sure that it is tight.
Body of the chair:
You will need: a sewing machine, fabric, thread, scissors, tape measure, newspaper for pattern (optional) and basic sewing knowledge.
- Measure the chair
- You may use news paper to make a pattern
- cut the fabric according to the measurment or pattern. Give at least 1/2″ allowance for the seam.
- Start sewing the 3 sides. Make sure to sew it twice to ensure it won’t tear.
Thank you for reading. Be inspired, be motivated.
If you don’t want to miss a post, you can always follow me by email (see side bar). Please hit “Join my site and/or G+” (if you haven’t done so). If you want me to follow you back, don’t forget to put your site in the comments.