Christmas Star Decor

Hello! Good day my Friends!

I am still not into decorating for Christmas until I got free magazines from one of my favourite grocery  store. Suddenly a flash bulb over my  head. I am going to make a star Christmas decoration out of these.

I learned making this when I was in my elementary years. It was part of our Christmas art activity. Here it is…

paper craft decor, christmas star, christmas

Below is the tutorial.

Step1. fold one end across the other side like this…

Step 2&3: cut the bottom and fold again forming a triangle

Step 4: cut 7 straight lines across.

Step 5: Open the square.

Step 6: Starting from the  inside. Using glue or paste, start connecting each end like this.

Step 7: Turn/flip to the back

Step 8. Connect/glue 1 two ends. then flip again to the front. Do this process until you connect all the ends.

Step 9. It should look like this. Make another 4.

Step 10. Connect all 5 using stapler

Step 11. Lastly, connect the sides

Have Fun!!!

Be inspired, be motivated.

Partying  here:

Beyond The Picket Fence    Chic on a Shoestring Decorating The DIY Show Off

• Susanne November 17, 2011, 9:42 am

This look so nice, and i love that you used advertizing magazines to make it. My mail box will be over flowing with the stuff befor christmas and this would be a nice way to recycle some of it :)
    Wish you a good day!

• laxsupermom November 17, 2011, 2:36 pm

Love this! This would be a great project to do with the kids! Love how simple the folds are. Thanks for sharing.

I’m hosting my monthly Before Blogging Throwback Thursdays Party and would love for you to drop by and share something you made / did / bought sometime Before Blogging. Can’t wait to see what you bring to the party.

• DIY Addict November 17, 2011, 4:59 pm

Thanks Susanne for your lovely comments and for stopping by. see you.

• DIY Addict November 17, 2011, 5:08 pm

Thanks laxsupermom for stopping by. see you and thanks for the invitation.

• The Rosenau's November 18, 2011, 4:24 am

I’ve been looking for this tutorial, thanks so much for sharing it! I’m your newest follower i’d love if you followed back!

Julianne

• DIY Addict November 18, 2011, 5:41 am

Hi Julianne! Thanks for stopping. I am your follower too:D see you!

• Katie Franck November 18, 2011, 2:42 pm

Thanks for sharing this…I used to make these in school too,but I couldn’t quite remember how. :)

• Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence November 18, 2011, 4:00 pm

I love these made from the ads. Thanks for linking up to Beyond The Picket Fence.

• DIY Addict November 20, 2011, 2:06 am

Hi Becky thanks for stopping by.