This is related to my post – 5 Benefits of Guest Posting. My first guest post turned alright but looking back at it I realized that I missed some important points. Here are some tips that I believed might help you start with your guest posting journey. I wanted to share it so you can also benefit from the lessons I learned from my experience.
- Provide quality, original and fresh content.
- Articles or post should be catered to blog owner’s audience.
- Don’t blog about football when you are presenting your post to a group of crafters. Make sense?
- Check grammar and format it properly.
- Ask someone to proof-read your post like your hubby or a friend.
- Provide good photos.
- Your post should be plug and play.
- It means, the blog owner should not spend time checking and correcting your post. Remember, you are in the spotlight so don’t forget to present your best post. First impression last.
- Submit your post before the deadline.
- Follow Blog owner’s rules.
- Introduce yourself and thank the blog owner.
- Provide a link to your blog and social media.
- Make it easy for your new readers to follow you.
- Provide 2-3 other post that might interest your readers.
- Preferably, image links below your post.
- Inform your own readers that you are guest posting to another blog site via blog post, FB, Twitter and G+.
- Don’t forget to answer the comments.
- This is your post so don’t expect blog owners to comment in your behalf.