DIY Plastic Spoon Ceiling Decor

Hi everyone! I just want to share with you my guest post at Rain on a Tin Roof.

I am going to share a DIY decor that is made of plastic spoon. This is a great project that you can do after celebrating a big party. Instead of throwing away those plastic cutlery, you can re-use it by creating something just like what I am going to show you below.

This is one of the many projects that I did with plastic spoon and fork. I hope you will like it. Enjoy.

Plastic Spoon Ceiling Decor. Torqouise color. recycling spoon project
Plastic Spoon Ceiling Decor. Torqouise color. recycling spoon project

This is a very easy and fun project to make.

What you need:
40 Plastic spoons
Hot glue gun
Any chain or holder you like. I used crystal beads that I bought from a thrift shop for .50c.

Step 1. Place the spoon on top of each other,1 inch apart then glue.

Plastic Spoon Ceiling Decor. Torqouise color. recycling spoon project

Step 2. Make 4 sets.
Step 3. Glue them together like the photo below. I had to put a lot of glue to make sure they stick together.

Plastic Spoon Ceiling Decor. Torqouise color. recycling spoon project
Tip: remove excess glue when it’s not too hot to the touch.

Step 4. Attach your chain or holder. Hang anywhere you want.

Plastic Spoon Ceiling Decor. Torqouise color. recycling spoon project
Plastic Spoon Ceiling Decor. Torqouise color. recycling spoon project
You can also make this as a pendant lamp, table top decor or just as is. What do you think? I’d love to know your thoughts. Let me know by commenting below.
Allow me to interest you with a few of my fork and spoon projects.
  • Linda@With A Blast May 16, 2013, 3:38 pm

Awesome! Just awesome :-) I love it !
    Linda@With A Blast recently posted…Hawaiian Butter Bean SaladMy Profile

• Jenn May 16, 2013, 4:47 pm

What a clever and creative idea! It turned out wonderfully. Thank you so much for sharing–

• Allyson May 16, 2013, 10:27 pm

This could be really cute in a nursery! Thanks for linking up with Domestic Superhero today!

• Rosey May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm

I’ve been seeing the plastic cutlery used more and more for decorations. Lots of crafty going on around here. Crafty is nice. :)
    Rosey recently posted…Flashback FridayMy Profile

• D@TheShadyPorch May 18, 2013, 12:43 pm

You make such interesting pieces with the plastic utensils! I’m so glad you chose to share your project at the Rock ‘N Share! Have a great weekend! Blessings, D@TheShadyPorch

• misselayneous July 8, 2013, 4:08 am

Hi! I saw you on Cutey Patuty Linky Party! I love this. It’s a great way to reuse and recycle plastic spoons. Thanks for sharing. I hope you can visit my blog too.
    misselayneous recently posted…DIY Vest from Old ShirtMy Profile

• Janna January 6, 2014, 4:33 pm

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on upcycle. Regards
    Janna recently posted…JannaMy Profile

• Judy January 16, 2014, 4:07 pm

Thanks Janna for stopping by :)