Who doesn’t love Banana Bread? Back at home, we call it Banana Cake. It is soft, sweet and delicious. There were a couple of times that I accidentally used baking powder instead of baking soda, the result was a disaster. Always, make sure the correct setting of your oven and follow the instructions carefully. 1 teaspoon is 1 teaspoon. I made another mistake by putting two1/2 teaspoon salt into the mixture. I thought 1/2 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon salt equals to 1 teaspoon. But, actually it’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt. That means, I put extra 1/2 teaspoon to my mixture which made my Banana Cake salty. I hope I made that clear.
photo courtesy of my Bro-in-Law, Pyxie
- 3-4 ripe bananas (I prefer DOLE Phils Banana)
- 1 cup sugar (I usually put 3/4 cup)
- 2 pieces raw eggs
- 1/2 cup cooking oil ( I use vegetable oil)
- 1 tsp salt (I put 1/2 tsp salt since I am using fine salt)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla essence ( I use Banana essence. This will make your banana bread smell so so good)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
Combine all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda). Mix thoroughly.
Mash the banana in a separate bowl.
Add the wet ingredients (eggs, mashed bananas, banana essence and oil) to the dry ingredients
Grease loaf pan. I normally cover the loaf pan with aluminum foil then greasing it with the extra vegetable oil.
Preheat oven at 350 deg F then bake the mixture for an hour. If you want it a little moist, bake it for 50mins.
Remove from pan. Allow to cool down for a few mins. Serve hot or cold.
Step 7. Enjoy!