This is another recipe that is loved by Filipinos. Pork Sinigang is a little sour but taste so good especially when it’s really hot.
Source. Sinigang is a Filipino soup or stew characterized by its sour and savory flavor most often associated with tamarind(sampalok). It is one of the popular viands in Philippine cuisine.
Other variations are
- Sinigang sa Miso (Miso Sinigang)
- Sinigang sa Bayabas (Guava Sinigang)
- Sinigang na Isda (Fish Sinigang)
- Sinigang na Baboy (Pork Sinigang)
- Sinigang na Hipon (Shrimp Sinigang)
- Sinampalukang Manok (Chicken Sinigang with Tamarind Leaves)
I really love to serve this dish during rainy season. This is very easy and simple Sinigang na Baboy or Pork Sinigang.
- 1/2 kg Pork Liempo/ Belly
- 1 small Radish. Cut in thin circles
- 1 medium size Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 3 stalks string beans
- 1 Finger Pepper (Siling Mahaba)
- 1 pack 22g (.78 oz) Knorr Sinigang na may sili
- 3-4 cups water
- Boil Pork until tender.
- Add onion and tomato. Boil for 2 mins.
- Add radish, boil until tender.
- Add string beans and finger pepper. Boil for 2 mins.
- Pour 1 pack of Knorr Sinigang na may Sili seasoning.
- Adjust taste.
This soup is very comforting especially during rainy days or after long hours of hard labor. Related Post:Pork Pata Nilaga