Maja Blanca Recipe

Hi Friends,

Today, I am sharing another super easy recipe – Maja Blanca. It is very quick and requires few ingredients.

“Maja Blanca is a Filipino dessert made primarily from coconut milk. Also known as coconut pudding, it is usually served during fiestas and during the holidays, especially Christmas. It has the consistency of thick gelatine and a delicate flavour, and is creamy white in colour.” (source)

Maja Blanca Recipe

Ingredients

2packs 200ml Coconut Cream

1 cup water

2/3 cup cornstarch

2/3 cup fine sugar

half pack of 380g Sweet Corn Cream Style

Instructions

Step 1.

In a pot, combine coconut cream, sugar and water then add cornstarch. Mix well.

Step 2.

In medium heat, let it boil. Stirring continuously.

Step 3.

When mixture starts to get sticky, add cream style corn.

Step 4.

Mix well. Stir for 4mins or until mixture gets thick.

Step 5.

Transfer to a  square mould and allow to cool down until firm.

Step 6 (optional)

Add ground roasted peanut, latik, or budbod.

I served it as is and still taste delicious. This can be serve as snacks too. Have you made Maja Blanca before? Do you have a different version? Please let us know in the comments.

Related Posts:

How to Bake Banana Cake + Baking Tips

250+ Recipes for All Occasion

Chocolate Crinkles

Roti Prata with Cheese and Chocolate

How to Make Silvanas

• Feral Turtle September 1, 2013, 5:19 am

What a unique recipe! I have never heard of this one but I love coconut cream and creamed corn! Pinned it!
    Feral Turtle recently posted…Building a Greenhouse From Recycled Materials – Part TwoMy Profile

• Judy September 12, 2013, 5:21 am

This recipe is almost always present in every Filipino celebration. You can also order in the restaurants. I love this because it is so easy and yummy too.

• Dawn September 10, 2013, 6:11 pm

Hi! I followed ur recipe and it was a hit! It’s my very first time to make maja as I always thought it’s hard to make! I’m so happy I chose ur recipe. Thank u! (However u didn’t mention the sugar in the steps. I just figured it went with the liquid ingredients). More power to u!

• Judy September 10, 2013, 6:17 pm

Hi Dawn,

Oh my! Thanks for the heads-up. I already updated the instructions. I am so happy that you tried and liked my recipe.

Have a nice day! Hope you’ll come visit us again :)

• Ericka Grace Murcia July 26, 2015, 11:40 pm

Maja is one of my favorite Filipino dessert way back home. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe. I will make this weekend.

• Judy July 28, 2015, 9:48 pm

Hi Ericka,

Glad to share our Maja recipe :) Please do share with us know your thoughts about this recipe after making it. See you around Ericka!

• Adam Brown October 31, 2017, 8:46 pm

Maja Blanca is really a very popular Filipino dessert. Can’t wait for Christmas to make it. I will be making one this weekend.