Welcome to Pin It Monday Hop #35!

Before we proceed to our party allow (your party host) me to say a BIG THANK YOU to the neighbouring countries who extends help in any form. We are very grateful of your presence in our country.

Image source:https://www.facebook.com/eshraBaby

Typhoon “Haiyan” or “Yolanda” was lethal. We never expected it to be that strong. Most of us doesn’t understand what is a storm surge. We are used to typhoons but we’ve never seen anything like this. The typhoon killed thousands of my fellow country men in the hard hit “Tacloban, Leyte Island”. There are thousand of families who are homeless and displaced. There are still a lot of missing people. I am sharing a video showing how strong was the storm surge when typhoon Haiyan struck Tacloban, Leyte Island.

We lived in Cebu City and we were spared from the wrath of Typhoon Haiyan. There are some damages but it was not that bad compared to the neighboring islands. The northern parts of Cebu and neighbouring islands (Daan Bantayan, Medellin, Bantayan, Capiz, Aklan Islands) were badly hit too.  The situation is not like what happened in Tacloban, Leyte but they also do not have food, water and electricity. Debris are all over the place. Some houses were wiped out or collapsed. Some needs medicines and medical attention.

We are grateful that we were spared and that we are here to help those people who are in dire need of basic commodities. So, this party is a fund raising activity. The things that my fellow country men need are food, mosquito nets, medicines, hygiene kits (shampoo,toothbrush, toothpaste etc.), water, clothes, mats and blankets. We are planning to bring this to the northern parts of Cebu or if not we will give them to the evacuation centers where thousands of people from Tacloban were evacuated here in our city.

You can send any amount you wish to donate at my paypal account: do8urself@gmail.com

Kindly take note of the currency conversion: $1 : P41.00. This may fluctuate.

Here’s a sample of the hygiene kit.

This hygiene pack cost P32.00

Please email me so I can give you a confirmation email that I received your donation.

Your $1 dollar will go a long way. Of course, you can donate more if you wish. More donation means we can help more families. I will update all who donated via email and I will create a specific post about the development of this fund raising activity.

Again, THANK YOU so much for all the help! This party came in so late but you see it is better late than never.

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO LATELY?

ENTER YOUR PINTEREST PROFILE URL
Click,follow Pinners and be followed.

• Darlene November 18, 2013, 7:35 am

Hi Judy, hope all is well with you and your family. Thanks for hosting another fun party. Wishing you a wonderful week, Darlene
    Darlene recently posted…Make Your Own Rag Rug This WeekendMy Profile

• Carli November 18, 2013, 8:05 am

Wow. I cannot even imagine. Everyone is in my thoughts and prayers
    Carli recently posted…Tooshas All-In-Two Cloth Diaper Review & GIVEAWAYMy Profile

• Gaye @CalmHealthySexy November 18, 2013, 5:59 pm

Thanks Judy, for giving us a way to donate and help out a little bit.
    Gaye @CalmHealthySexy recently posted…Choose to Be BeautifulMy Profile

• Veronica Spriggs November 18, 2013, 8:50 pm

thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by this tragedy.
    Veronica Spriggs recently posted…Thanksgiving Decorations, Table Setting Ideas: Scrapbook Your HolidaysMy Profile

• Jen November 19, 2013, 2:50 am

So glad to hear you and your family are alright, Judy. Those of us at the Jersey Shore who were affected by Hurricane Sandy last year know what a nightmare it was, and it wasn’t anywhere near the magnitude of Typhoon Haiyan. My prayers are with the people in the Phillipines. I wish I could do more.
    Jen recently posted…Page MakeoverMy Profile

• Ritchil November 19, 2013, 2:12 pm

I’m happy to hear that you and your family is safe. I have family in Catbalogan Samar and they’re okay too, thank God! Thank you so much for doing this for the typhoon victims. It’s really heartwarming to see people step up and lend a helping hand.
    Ritchil recently posted…Thanksgiving Teacher GiftMy Profile

• Judy February 22, 2014, 8:35 am

Hi Ritchil,

So sorry for this delayed response to your comment. I am still trying to clean-up my ever growing spam comments and had to check on them one by one.

That’s good to hear that your family are okay too. Anything for our kababayan. We are fortunate enough to be spared and the least we could do is help in anyway we can. That Typhoon was really scary and I can’t imagine if it happened to us.

Thank you Ritchil for the comment. I’ll be visiting your site in a while :)

• Feral Turtle November 22, 2013, 6:36 am

So glad to hear you are all okay Judy!!! It is devastating to watch all the hardship on the news. We were able to donate through the Red Cross here in Canada. My heart goes out to you all!
    Feral Turtle recently posted…Dormers….Part ElevenMy Profile

• Judy February 22, 2014, 7:18 am

Hi Karen,

I apologize for this very late response to your comment. I am still cleaning up all the spam comments from the previous months. I still have 2k comments to clean-up.

Thank you so much Karen for your support of the Haiyan Victims. The hard hit areas are still recovering from the devastation. Up to now, I am very thankful that our city was not badly hit.